It’s already been one of those days, so might as well share with you my adventures of the morning.
• My car tag expires on Thursday. So, I go this morning to avoid the first-of-the-month crowd. After standing in line for 20 minutes, I’m told the computers won’t let me pay in advance and that I’ve got to come back on Thursday. Really? I just find that hard to believe. Yet, if I’m late, they charge me a fee. Go figure.
• I get the bird out this morning to let it play outside the cage, but before I can do that, I have to put the dog (Shaggy) up in my bedroom, because he doesn’t exactly get along well with others, especially birds. After a few minutes, the phone rings. So, I go into my room to answer it. At the same time, my dogs sees his window of opportunity and sneaks out. Moments later, the bird screeches. Really loud. Then I realize the dog is out. Fortunately, there is no death. Just a disappointed dog licking his chops.
• Then it’s time for me to go to work. But as I try to get the bird (Romey), he decides to play chase. He runs under the dining room table, making it very difficult for me to trap him. No, impossible. But 10 minutes later, he’s had enough and decides to give in. Birds!
• After all that chaos ended, I went to get my cell and car keys before heading out the door, and they are nowhere to be found. I search and search. And I might have said an ugly word or two. And of course, my dog is looking at me like I’m an idiot. He doesn’t know who I am yelling at. And for that matter, I don’t either. But after a Ron Polk-like rage, I find them. Where? In a drawer that I would have never put them in. Hum. Whom to blame? Wifey, perhaps.
• And finally, I get in the car and turn on my XM. Well, I attempt to turn it on. But, it won’t work. I have no idea why. I hit the on button so much that my finger is now raw. I guess that will be my afternoon project.
Tonight, of course, the Dawgs Road Tour visits Tupelo. I’ll be there. Hopefully, with no more misfortunes.
Hope you all are having a good day. Cheers!